Planning a Wedding – Start with a Wedding Checklist
When I got engaged, my maid of honor bought me a wedding planner, which included a month by month wedding checklist. I carried that book with me everywhere I went, making notes and lists and making sure I stayed on track with our wedding planning details.
For most of us today, carrying around a bulky wedding planner book and wedding checklist is unheard of. In the digital age that we live in, most of us depend on our smartphone, Blackberry, Android, or iPhone to keep us organized and on task.
So where does wedding planning meet digital organization?
Here are our top choices for wedding planning tools and wedding checklists for the digital bride-to-be:
1. WeddingWire.com (online) – Just enter your wedding date and Wedding Wire will deliver a checklist sorted by month or category. As you complete the items on your list, simply check the box next to the item and it is automatically removed from your list!
2. Wedding Planning Complete (app) – This fun app has a wedding countdown, budget tracker, guest list tool and wedding planning checklist to name a few.
3. Pinterest (app and online) – Pinterest is the ultimate wedding planning tool. This rising social network allows users to create digital, visual scrapbooks or their wedding ideas. Want a preview? Check out our Pinterest board at: http://pinterest.com/nathansuher/. You can even create private boards for the ideas you’re not quite ready to share with the world!
4. Wedding Budget (app) – Looking for a more comprehensive wedding checklist designed with your budget in mind? Check out this free app that allows you to monitor your expenses and your budget with great visual displays.
5. The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner (app) – Almost every bride I know registers a free account on The Knot. Now you can take all your tools and checklists from online and integrate them into the app on your phone.
6. SeatingPlanner+ (app) – If you’re a visual person like me, you’ll love this app. It helps you organize your guests list by keeping track of meal choices and visually allowing you to organize your guests by table. You can even adjust the table shape and export the final seating chart as a pdf file to deliver to your venue. Cost: $4.99.
What is your favorite wedding planning/wedding checklist app? Let us know by commenting below!